新春走基层丨这个春节,满眼都是机器人

马年春节假期帷幕拉开 “湾区过年”成热门选择

香江观澜:香港迎马年 在烟火温情里焕发新机

欧洲“最强火箭”首飞成功,成功部署32颗亚马逊卫星

四川文旅吉祥物“安逸熊猫”焕新亮相 邀四海宾朋“马上入川·蜀里过年”

澳门中联办举行2026年新春酒会

Beijing suspends Hong Kong pact with Washington

发布时间:   来源: 粤港澳头条

(Photo/Xinhua)

China has decided to suspend the agreement on mutual legal assistance in criminal matters between Hong Kong and the United States in response to the unilateral U.S. decision to suspend or terminate three bilateral agreements with Hong Kong.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian made the announcement on Thursday and urged the U.S. to correct its wrong decision.

Hong Kong affairs are entirely China's domestic affairs, in which no foreign forces have a right to interfere, Zhao said. He added that the U.S. should stop meddling in Hong Kong affairs and China's domestic affairs, and "not to walk further down the wrong path".

In an announcement on Wednesday, the U.S. said the three agreements suspended or terminated covered the surrender of fugitive offenders, the transfer of sentenced persons and reciprocal tax exemptions on income derived from the international operation of ships.

In a news release on Thursday, the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region said it "strongly reprimands" the U.S. over the decision.

Such a decision "reflects its disrespect for bilateralism and multilateralism under the current administration and should be condemned by the international community", the government said.

"The HKSAR government strongly objects to and deplores the U.S.' action, which is widely seen as a move to create troubles in the China-U.S. relationship, using Hong Kong as a pawn," the release said.

The U.S. announcement came after Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand suspended their extradition treaties with Hong Kong in response to China's passage of the National Security Law for Hong Kong.

China has a clear and consistent position over Hong Kong-related issues and has explained multiple times and through different perspectives why the legislation is needed, Zhao said, adding that countries that "wish to force the Chinese government to change its position through so-called sanctions" are "daydreaming".

Dialogue with Pakistan

Zhao also announced that State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi will co-host the second strategic dialogue between the foreign ministers of China and Pakistan with Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Hainan province on Thursday and Friday.

China and Pakistan are expected to focus on cooperation in tackling COVID-19 and bilateral ties, and exchange views over international and regional issues.

As all-weather strategic partners, China and Pakistan need to further enhance their communication and cooperation to deal with external challenges together as the international and regional situations are going through complicated changes and the pandemic has changed the world profoundly, Zhao said.

The two countries launched the dialogue in Beijing in March of last year.

上一篇:Wang Yi calls for speedy free trade agreement with Norway
下一篇:Indonesia's Mount Sinabung volcano erupts twice in three days

首页   |   

Copyright © http://www.yhkmac.com 粤港澳头条 版权所有